Colorado Schools Rated According to State’s New Rating SystemPosted by TheHomeCart.com on Sunday, December 5th, 2010 at 10:07pm.
Officials recently released their ratings of 178 districts throughout the state. The report, which is the first of its type in Colorado, was developed with the help of a new accreditation system, which was outlined in the Education Accountability Act of 2009.
Within the rating system, the 178 districts as well as the Boards of Cooperative Educational Services (BOCES), the Charter School Institute and the Colorado School for the Deaf and the Blind were rated. The districts and organizations received one of 5 ratings. The ratings break down as follows:
- 14 districts (8%) achieved the highest rating possible. To achieve this rating, the districts must have met or exceeded statewide performance indicators. Schools included on this list were Aspen, Academy District 20, Littleton and Cheyenne Mountain 12. Littleton was the only metro district to achieve the top rating.
- 97 districts (53%) achieved the next highest rating. To achieve this rating, the districts must have met all statewide performance indicators. Schools included on this list were Douglas County, Boulder, Cherry Creek, Jefferson County, St. Vrain and Fort Collins.
- 47 districts (26%) achieved the third highest rating. To achieve this rating, the districts must have an improvement plan in place, though those plans are not subject to approval from the Colorado Department of Education. Schools included on this list were Aurora, Adams 12 Five Star and Colorado Springs D-11.
- 17 districts (9%) obtained the second-to-last rating, which means they have to file an improvement plan by January 15th for the Colorado Department of Education to review and approve. Districts that obtained this rating included Denver, Pueblo City and the Charter School Institute.
- 7 districts (4%) received the lowest rating. These districts are required to create a turnaround plan, which must be submitted to the Colorado Department of Education by January 15 for approval. Four of the seven districts to receive this rating were within the metro area, including Englewood, Adams 14 Commerce City, Adams 50 Westminster and Sheridan.
Our select team here with TheHomeCart.com and Brokers Guild - Cherry Creek Ltd is committed to meeting all of your Colorado real estate needs. We use the latest technology and utmost degree of customer service to enhance your real estate buying and selling experience. Our team services the Colorado Front Range from Colorado Springs, through the Denver Metro up to Fort Collins. We specialize in offering relocation assistance for local, national and international buyers of homes and properties here in colorful Colorado. For more information about buying or selling your Denver area home, please contact us here at TheHomeCart.com.
1 Response to "Colorado Schools Rated According to State’s New Rating System"
Leave a Comment
Area Quick Search
Latest Blog Entries
Whether you're a local in Denver or visiting for the fourth of July, the Cherry Creek Arts Festival provides a great way to celebrate the birth of our great country. The festival features performing, visual and even culinary arts with a yearly attend…Read Full Post...
When it's time to move to Denver for a new job opportunity or any other reason, it's important to select the right neighborhood for your new home. Many areas throughout Denver are perfect for families, singles, young couples and seniors. Here's a lis…Read Full Post...
Cheesman Park is found in the downtown area of Denver close to Capitol Hill. This is a great place for flying kites, enjoying a little quiet, settling in for a picnic or throwing a frisbee. Everybody can enjoy the park with plenty of areas for childr…Read Full Post...
Denver is home to a huge Cherry Blossom Festival, which happens every year at the Tri-State/Denver Buddhist Temple. This is a free event for all with food available for a fee. It includes dancing, martial arts, exhibits, demos and more. You can come …Read Full Post...
Finding the right shops, restaurants and entertainment in the Downtown Denver area isn't difficult if you know where Larimer Square is located. This is a great place to fulfill your shopping need, enjoy dinner and a movie, take in the scenery or atte…Read Full Post...