Denver’s Historic Raymond House: Then and NowPosted by TheHomeCartTeam on Saturday, June 9th, 2012 at 11:28pm.
Built in 1889, the Historic Raymond House is listed in the Dupont Registry of American Castles and on the National Register of Historic Structures. Situated on Denver’s Capitol Hill at the corner of 16th and Race in the Wyman Historic District, the historic structure currently serves as home to the Castle Marne Bed and Breakfast Inn.
Designed by architect William Lang, the Historic Raymond House boasts the architectural style of Richardsonian Romanesque with Queen Anne overtones. The home is characterized by its rusticated lava stone exterior, with the exquisite stones having been quarried in Castle Rock, Colorado. Comprised primarily of mica, quartz and feldspar, the 22-inch-thick walls sparkle and glitter.
Today, the Historic Raymond House continues to maintain its historic charm while also serving as one of the area’s premier Bed and Breakfast Inns. Commercially known as The Castle Marne, the inn offers a number of amenities to make a visit more enjoyable while still using the original hot water radiator heater. Amenities include in-room Jacuzzi tubs, while three of the inn’s nine rooms offer private hot tubs. The Castle Marne is also home to the city’s only outdoor hot tubs, which can be found on two private balconies.
The nine rooms available to choose from within the inn include:
- Presidential Suite – a two-room suite reproduced to appear much as it did 122 years ago.
- John T. Mason Room – third-floor suite offering a private bath and an oversized Jacuzzi tub.
- Tower Room – airy room featuring a 17 foot cathedral ceiling, a westward view and an adjoining tower sitting room.
- Colonel Platt’s Room – corner room offering an antique standard double bed and a secluded private outdoor hot tub.
- Melissa’s Room – cheerful room boasting a Queen-size cherry bed, family heirloom furniture and private ¾ bath.
- Raymond Room – quaint corner room with modern ¾ bath and outdoor hot tub for two on a private balcony.
- Lang Room – namesake room richly appointed with a four-poster Queen-size bed and private ¾ bath with shower.
- Van Cise Room – suite with Queen-size iron bed, private bath and hot tub for two on a private balcony.
- Conservatory – ground floor room with Queen-size wicker bed and private bath.
We invite you to browse more Denver historic homes here on our website.
Our select team here with TheHomeCart.com and Brokers Guild - Cherry Creek Ltd is committed to meeting all of your Colorado real estate needs. We use the latest technology and utmost degree of customer service to enhance your real estate buying and selling experience. Our team services the Colorado Front Range from Colorado Springs, through the Denver Metro up to Fort Collins. We specialize in offering relocation assistance for local, national and international buyers of homes and properties here in colorful Colorado. For more information about buying or selling your Denver area home, please contact us here at TheHomeCart.com.
Be the first to comment on this blog entry!
Leave a Comment
Area Quick Search
Latest Blog Entries
Located four miles from downtown Denver on Cherry Creek, the Four Mile House Historic Park provides 12 acres of beautiful old structures and pioneer exhibits. This is the home of many events, guided tours and so much more. If you're looking for the b…Read Full Post...
Littleton’s real estate market is picking up, and like other areas in the US, it looks as though now is the ideal time to buy. Littleton Real Estate Market Trends - April 2013 The total inventory of homes on the market in April 2013 w…Read Full Post...
ArtStir is one of the most creative events of the year and it's coming May 24th through May 27th. The art market will be on display with many of the best choices in Colorado. Both music and art will be a part of this event and it will be held at the …Read Full Post...
Englewood is experiencing a very nice shift in the real estate market that is not thought to be temporary. As the real estate market is in recovery, more and more home buyers are edging to the market. The snapshot for Englewood real …Read Full Post...
Fort Collins real estate market has picked up over the past 15 months. Interest rates are low, homes are still affordable, and the economy is growing stronger each day. Fort Collins Real Estate Trends April 2013 The total inventory of homes…Read Full Post...